This page describes the submission of presentation and workshop proposals for UX STRAT USA, which will take place in September 2018. The specific dates and location of this conference will be announced in February 2018.
Presentation and workshop submissions should combine business strategy and UX / CX / Product / Service design. The audience will consist primarily of leaders and very experienced professionals in UX / Product Design, so your presentation or workshop proposal should be targeted to this audience. Key selection tenets are rigor, depth and transparency. See UX STRAT USA past presentations for topics that have been approved by previous UX STRAT expert review panels.
Proposals are due by April 20, 2018 in Word format, as specified below, but can be submitted prior to that date.
Presentations can be 15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes. Only one presenter per proposal. Proposals should focus on one of the following two types of presentations:
1. Case study - Details your experience creating a user experience strategy for a web site, mobile app, software package, program or company. What worked and what didn't work. You must already have approval to present this material from the company represented in the case study prior to submitting your proposal.
2. Strategic framework - A framework or model that can be used by participants to plan a user experience strategy.
NOTE: More case studies are selected than strategic frameworks. Presentations on the basics of user experience design and usability, as well as promotional content cloaked as presentations, will be rejected without being evaluated by the conference review panel.
Workshops are 3.5 hours long. They should be practical "How To" sessions with examples, substantial participation exercises, and handouts. If you are submitting a workshop proposal, please make it very clear in your proposed title, abstract, and description that it is a workshop. Workshops can have more than one facilitator.
To submit a workshop or presentation proposal, either download the Call for Presentations document, or copy and paste the following sections into a word document. Please submit your proposal in Word format using the naming convention LASTNAME_TITLE OF PRESENTATION OR WORKSHOP.DOCX to: presentations at uxstrat dot com. Proposals are due by April 20, 2018.
Please provide as much detail as possible for each of the sections below. All items are required for a submission to be reviewed
1. Name, company and job role of presenter or workshop facilitator(s)
2. Email address of presenter or workshop facilitator(s)
3. Title of presentation or workshop. If it’s a workshop, make this clear in the title.
4. Abstract. If it’s a workshop, make this clear in the abstract.
5. Proposed length of presentation or workshop
Presentations can be 15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes. All workshops are 3.5 hours.
6. Detailed outline
Provide a timeline for each section and subsection. This should be very detailed, including topics, subtopics, and duration of each section, to give reviewers a clear understanding of the specifics of your presentation or workshop. Most rejections for previous conferences were due to inadequate detail in the outline. Maximum length = 1,000 words.
7. Goals for the session
What will attendees take away from your presentation that they can use immediately in their work?
How the audience will participate (particularly critical for workshops)
9. Special equipment needs
What will you need other than a projector, laptop connection, and microphone?
10. Experience of presenter(s) in the subject matter
What are your qualifications and experience to speak on this topic?
11. Previous presentations of this subject matter
Have you given this presentation, or something similar, at other events? If so, include details and URLs.
12. Links to videos of previous presentations you've given
VERY IMPORTANT: If you have videos of you giving presentations at other conferences, provide links. The more the better.