We are excited to announce that UX STRAT 2014 will take place in beautiful Boulder, Colorado on September 7 - 9, 2014. The audience will consist primarily of very experienced UX leaders, strategists, researchers, and designers. We will keep the same single-track format that UX STRAT 2013 attendees found so conducive for building the UX Strategy sense of community. If your company is interested in being a sponsor of UX STRAT 2014, contact us. Be sure to sign up for UX STRAT updates if you haven't already.EARLY BIRD PRICING ENDS JULY 31, 2014
We're extremely excited about the UX STRAT 2014 lineup of presentations and workshops. The approximate schedule is below, along with a list of Keynotes, Presentations, and Workshops. This approximate schedule will be replaced with a more detailed version as the program is finalized.
Sunday, September 7:
8:30 – Registration and coffee
9-12:30 – Workshop 1
2 – 5:30 – Workshop 2
Monday, September 8:
8:30 – Registration and coffee
9-5:30 – Presentations
5:30-7:30 – Happy Hour
Tuesday, September 9:
9-5 – Presentations
1) Dr. Laura Granka: Head of UX Research, Google
"Winning A Seat At The Table: What It Takes To Shape The Direction of a High Profile Product"
2) Matthew Holloway: Vice President, User Experience Design, Shutterfly
"Design Your Strategy"
3) Theo Forbath: Global Vice President of Innovation Strategy, frog
"The Role of UX in Defining the Future of Products, Brands and Business Strategy"
4) Jon Kolko: Director & Founder, Austin Center for Design
"Well Designed: Bringing Design Thinking To Product Management In Order To Create Products People Love"
1) Peter Merholz: Co-Founder of Adaptive Path
"Shaping Organizations to Deliver Great User Experiences"
2) Todd Wilkens: Design Principal, IBM
“Putting UX and Strategy at the Heart of the Product Team"
3) Martin Granström: Head of UX, Nook Media
“UX as a Core Company Strategy"
4) Fabio Sergio: Vice President of Creative, frog
"Design for Impact"
5) Dan Klyn: Co-Founder, Information Architect, The Understanding Group
"Strategy and Structure: Doing It Right, and How You'd Know"
6) Ronnie Battista: UX Practice Lead, Slalom Consulting
"Big Love: The Case for Conscious Coupling in UX Strategy"
7) Brian Gillespie: Strategy Consultant, Formerly Principal, Continuum
“How to Avoid Losing Design Strategy to Business Strategists"
8) Lisa Estrin: User Experience Architect, Turner Sports
"Executing a UX Strategy for NCAA March Madness"
9) Dr. Sofia Hussain: Interaction designer at Finn.no
“Designing Digital Strategies Based on Ecosystem Thinking"
10) Jim Kalbach: Principal User Experience Designer, Citrix
"Applying 'Jobs To Be Done' to UX Strategy"
11) Ashley Halsey Hemingway: Associate Director of User Experience, AppNexus
"Validating UX Strategy Concepts through Service Design"
12) Krispian Emert: Senior User Experience Consultant, BCLC
“Lessons from UX STRAT 2013: Applied to the Real World"
13) Bill Rattner: Director of Digital Strategy, CapTech Ventures
“Creating a Long-Term, Unified Plan For Digital Customer Experience"
14) Rich Warnaka: Manager of User Experience, Cabela’s
“Using Behavioral Modeling to Engage Customers"
1) Tim Loo: Strategy Director, Foolproof
“UX Strategy Fundamentals: Experience Visioning & Roadmapping"
2) Steve Portigal: Author of "Interviewing Users;" Founder of Portigal Consulting
“Immersive field techniques: Interviewing and Observing for User Research"
3) Jim Kalbach: Principal User Experience Designer, Citrix
“Mapping the User Experience with Alignment Diagrams"
4) Phillip Hunter: Senior UX Design Lead, Amazon AWS
“Growing UX and Product Design Maturity of Practice"
5) Megan Grocki: Experience Design Director, Mad*Pow
“Customer Journey Mapping"
6) Pamela Pavliscak: Founder, Change Sciences
“UX Metrics 101: How to Measure and Have It Mean Something"
7) Dan Saltzman: Director of User Experience, EffectiveUI and Beth Koloski: Lead Experience Architect, EffectiveUI
"Customer Insight-Driven Design: Really Getting There"
8) Dr. Amaya Becvar Weddle: UX Research Manager, Immersion Corporation, and Curtis Lefrandt: Vice President, Product & Training, Innovator's DNA
"Building a Culture of Innovation: A UX Recipe for Success"
9) Sophia Voychehovski: Founder, ReWired UX Studio
“Converting to Cross-Device: A Painless Journey from Desktop-Only to Responsive"
10) Dan Klyn: Co-Founder, Information Architect, The Understanding Group
“Deciding Together: Information Architecture Strategy"
Our conference hotel is the historic Boulderado. The Boulderado is the venue for UX STRAT workshops on Sept 7, and is one block from the Boulder Theater, where this year's presentations will take place on Sept 8 and 9. Our conference discounted rate is $222 for a standard king room. Space is limited. Call reservations at : (800) 433-4344 and mention Booking I.D. Number 16043 to receive the UX STRAT discount. We're working on a site with much more conference and location info, and it should be up shortly.